Gas sensor development engineer (M / F)
Specializing in instrumentation, control and automation systems for industry, energy, nuclear, marine and offshore, the CMR Group, headquartered in Marseille, has more than 700 employees with an international presence through our subsidiaries in Tunisia, United Kingdom, Singapore, USA, China, India and South Korea. Our products, designed and manufactured according to rigorous continuous improvement processes, meet the most demanding quality standards.
We count among our customers the largest manufacturers of industrial engines and rotating machines as well as owners of capital goods. We are also developing an offer for the renewable energy sector, from solar panels and hydraulic power stations.
With more than 50 years of experience in developing measuring instruments for harsh environments, CMR Group continues to innovate by developing a new range of sensors for gas measurement intended for the hydrogen and biogas sectors.
We are looking for a Gas Sensor Development Engineer to strengthen our research and development team.
The position is located in Marseille.
The development engineer will perform the following missions:
• Carrying out multi-domain design studies (metrology, optics, electronics, algorithms, statistics, mechanics, etc.)
• Carrying out tests and analyzing the data collected
The engineer will work within an internal team made up of engineers with multiple and complementary skills: electronics, software, optics, mechanics, testing, data analysis.
• Solving complex problems
• General knowledge in metrology, optics, electronics, algorithms, statistics, mechanics
• Knowledge of gas physics and chemistry appreciated
• Engineer training or equivalent Bac + 5 general or predominant in one of the fields of optics, advanced systems, metrology
• Beginner or experience 1-3 years
• Strong taste for the development of complex systems
• Orientation for collaborative work
• Appreciated experience in product design and testing
• Appetite for the industrial environment