Graduate Project Engineer
CMR UK Ltd is the North-Tyneside-based manufacturer of industrial engine controls and instrumentation, wiring systems, harnesses and sensors. As part of the Amphenol group, we have access to global markets and can offer significant international career opportunities for talented professionals.
A great opportunity has arisen for an Engineering graduate to join the UK business and wider CMR international Engineering team. The aim of the role will be to oversee technical and engineering projects to assure a high level of accuracy and quality. You will be working with teams to translate requirements into implementable tasks with practical timelines. You will also collaborate with both internal and external teams to find and solve any problems in the project plans and budgeting.
The key job responsibilities will include:
• Supporting the Engineering manager in the implementation and management of a variety of projects including New Product Introduction (NPI), process improvements, Change Control, and Customer support.
• Taking the lead as project manager when assigned a project, and support project reviews, meetings and the creation and maintenance of project schedules/timelines by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems and keeping up to date the project dashboards in line with the NPI process.
• Determining project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
• Working with internal CMR UK and external CMR Group teams, sites and departments.
• Supporting the CMR Group change control process to ensure timely delivery of controlled changes.
• Analysing data to support own projects and manager’s projects
• Developing and driving improvement within engineering practices and processes.
• Assisting in quotations for new Business Development opportunities by running TCO’s & manipulating technical and financial data to support the quotation process.
• Scheduling project/engineering tasks and delivering to agreed timeframes.
• Presenting and explaining proposals, reports, and findings to customers.
• Performing administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports and weekly meeting notes.
• Developing processes and defining process maps to support engineering projects.
• Identifying and implementing new processes and procedures.
• Providing technical support to customers and the NPI team.
• Providing feedback on design/manufacture issues to customers/NPI team/Group teams
Knowledge, skills and other attributes required:
• A HND or/and a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, project management or related discipline.
• Previous exposure to working in manufacturing environments orassembly process improvements would be a great advantage
• Microsoft Project experience is desirable
• Lean Tools / Six Sigma Problem Solving experience preferred
• Competent in use of Microsoft office Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc
• Proactive and Versatile
• Teamworking skills whilst also having the drive and ability to work on their own.
• Technical and problem-solving skills.
• Understanding of quality system ISO 9001:2000.
• Analytical and metric driven
• Ability to travel outside the UK.
• A willingness to undertake international business travel is also required
As a business that is accredited to Investors in People Gold standard, we are highly committed to providing opportunities for personal and professional growth and maintain a strong focus on training and development.
We offer a competitive starting salary with regular reviews over the first two years of employment and a range of benefits including:
• Company Pension Scheme
• Health Care Cash Plan,
• Company Sick Pay,
• Performance related bonus
• Funded training and development opportunities
• Service Awards,
• Tyne Tunnel subsidy
We also focus strongly on employee engagement and run a range of activities through the year to ensure everyone feels part of the team and CMR family.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please do not hesitate to send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates from all backgrounds.
Note: applicants must be able to demonstrate eligibility to reside and work in the UK