Group Health, Safety and Environmental Officer (M/F)
CMR UK is the North Tyneside-based manufacturer of industrial engine controls, wiring harnesses and sensors. We are one of the fastest growing businesses in the North East, and we pride ourselves on delivering the full solutions from design concept through to product realisation and mainstream production. The company is gearing up for more success and expansion after 35 years in business and continuous investment in its staff which has been recently recognised by awarding us with Investors in People Gold accreditation.
We are looking for an experienced Group Health, Safety and Environmental Officer to join our friendly and award-winning team. The right candidate will be offered the opportunity to work at the Group level and travel globally to other CMR subsidiaries. You will be responsible for leading Group development of HSE processes to ensure best practice is applied across all sites within CMR Group.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
• Lead HSE activity across the Group sites, promote good health, safety and environmental practices throughout all the company activities
• Review Group Health, Safety and Environmental Policy Statements on an annual basis
• Develop, implement and monitor effective risk assessment management strategies across all Group sites
• Advise on appropriate control measures and liaise with external bodies to support UK and Group sites
• Review and develop Group health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and guidance to ensure compliance to the latest legislation
• Provide professional advice to guide the leadership team within the UK and all Group sites to ensure staff and managers keep abreast of changes in HSE legislation
• Provide or source training for staff, managers and group sites in relation to Health and Safety procedures
• Maintain, monitor and continuously review a schedule for Group workplace safety audits and ensure any remedial recommendations are implemented
• Investigate or arrange for all accidents and near misses to be investigated, reports of findings prepared including recommendations to prevent recurrence
• Maintain a register of First Aiders and Fire Marshalls and ensure they are appropriately trained and maintain adequate provision of first aid facilities at all times
• Manage and maintain a COSHH policy, ensuring COSHH statements are available on all hazardous materials and that risk assessments are in place to manage the handling and use of such substances.
• Ensure the implementation of the company Fire and Evacuation Procedure and monitor its effectiveness by ensuring effective fire evacuation drills at least twice per calendar year at each site
• Promote and coordinate the integration of environmental management and sustainability issues across all Group sites
• Manage and control the company’s recycling and waste management procedures
• Maintain Group certification to ISO14001 and ISO 45001
To succeed in this role you will be required to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
• Previous experience in a similar role working with multi-international sites/cultures
• Demonstrated experience of managing ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 into an organisation
• Quality systems management experience
• Demonstrated experience of liaising with external legislative/regulatory bodies
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
• Ability to deliver trainings to staff
• Strong planning and organisational skills
• Detailed working knowledge of ISO14001 and ISO45001
• Well developed interpersonal, communication, advocacy, persuasion and negotiating skills
• Ability to influence at all levels
• Cultural awareness and ability to work effectively with teams in multiple global locations
• IT - spreadsheets, charts/graphs and word processing
• Team spirit, agility, integrity
This is a full time permanent position and the salary is up to £35K p.a. depending on experience.
We offer an opportunity to work in an expanding global company, excellent training & development opportunities and fantastic benefits package including: bonuses, pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cash plan, holiday buying scheme, birthday holiday, flexible working schedules, social staff events, well-being initiatives and many more.
We all share CMR's values in the way we work: agility, customer focus, integrity, leadership, operational excellence and team spirit. If you also share these values and want to contribute to our challenges by offering your skills and expertise please submit your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
CMR is an equal opportunities employer and we provide the same opportunities for hiring, advancement and benefits to everyone without discriminating due to protected characteristics.