CMR UK Ltd is the North-Tyneside-based manufacturer of industrial engine controls and instrumentation, wiring systems, harnesses and sensors.
Established in 1984, we are a part of CMR Group which is a global manufacturing business with sites in the UK, US, Africa and Asia. The business manufactures components that are supplied into performance critical sectors such as Power Generation, Marine and Renewable Energy. CMR Group has been established for over 60 years and are key players in a global marketplace.
With over 1000 employees, CMR Group has offices and production sites in 12 countries across the globe and generates 90% of its turnover from exports.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quality Engineer to join our Quality team in Wallsend.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Ensuring quality systems are implemented, maintained and adequate
• Ensure customer quality expectations are achieved
• To liaise with CMR employees, customers and suppliers to overcome Quality Control issues, understand their problems and to assist in improvements where applicable and drive and support the implementation of the continuous improvement efforts throughout the operation in support of the Company's Quality System and the Company's Business System and results
• The role will be focused on improving the Quality systems and performance of CMR-UK
• You will be required to lead and work closely with other team members and teams, utilizing a culture of teamwork and flexibility.
• The role involves working/interfacing with other CMR manufacturing sites and will require travel to those sites on an as needed basis.
Desired skills and qualifications
• · HNC/HND/Degree in engineering discipline
• · Experienced personnel with a Quality Engineering background – preferably Manufacturing
• · Experience of ISO9001:2015 management systems
• Ability to work alone and as part of a team to achieve common objectives.
• Ability to scrutinize and evaluate information to ensure that all data is correct.
• Methodical and structured approach to solving problems.
• Competent in the use of Microsoft packages.
• Ability to follow procedures and suggest improvements.
• Understanding of AIAG Quality tools, e.g. FMEA, PPAP, APQP etc.
• ISO9001 lead auditor
What we offer
The successful candidate will be offered a starting salary of up to £40,000p.a and with clear career progression aligned to development. We offer an opportunity to work in an expanding global company, excellent training opportunities and fantastic benefits package including: annual & quarterly bonuses, pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cash plan, flexible start/finish times, remote working, social staff events, well-being initiatives, Birthday day-off and many more.
This role will be based at our offices in Wallsend, although occasional international travel will be required.
At CMR, we work towards the highest standards in everything we do, including how we support, value and develop our people. Our aim is to encourage and support employees to thrive and be the best they can be. We celebrate the difference people can bring into our organisation, and welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds. We offer flexible and tailored support, at home and in the office.
Our goal is to drive, develop and operate our business in a way that results in a more inclusive culture. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, the innovation from diverse teams & perspectives and business need. We are committed to building a workforce so we can represent the communities we serve and have a working environment in which each individual feels valued, respected, fairly treated and able to reach their full potential.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please do not hesitate to send your application to: email@example.com
We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates from all backgrounds.